Ipsy - January


Box Contents
Pacifica - Blood Orange Body Butter - 2.5 oz $7
Josie Maran - Argan Oil - .17 oz $4.80
Nailtini - Nail Lacquer in Bloody Mary - Full Size $13
Big Sexy Hair - Volumizing Hairspray - 1.5 oz $6
Soho - Get a Grip Crease Brush - Full Size $8.99

Total Value $39.79          
I paid $10

While the value is high, this bag was just meh to me. Pacifia is local to me - I've been using their products for years. They have a kona coffee scrub that is divine and the blood orange body butter smells awesome.  Score there. A decent size of Josie Maran's argan oil - another score. I can always use another brush so I was pleased by Soho's crease brush. I wasn't pleased by the polish. Just not for me. I don't like the color. Also not feeling the hairspray - I don't use it.

While it was nice to get a break from their usual all makeup bags, I missed the makeup! Not a bad bag, just not my favorite. The lining of the bag is super cute - just had to share :)


6 comments:

Unknown said...
January 16, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I renewed for the awesome December bag but after a frank discussion with myself about money (and seeing the previews) cancelled before the January bags went out. This one is not making me regret the decision. I never use hairspray and already have the argan oil. I'll still check the previews though. Who knows when they'll suck me back in.

Unknown said...
January 16, 2013 at 9:25 PM

This was my last month in my annual ipsy subscription. I was super happy with it. I will use everything except the concealer brush and the bag itself. I would re-subscribe, but I want to try a new sub every month for 2013 for some variety.

yousoldtheworld said...
January 17, 2013 at 3:17 AM

I like the makeup bags best, but I still think this one is pretty decent. I am excited about everything but the polish - neither color is very "me".

I would have been sad about the hairspray, but just over a week ago I chopped over a foot off of my hair, so now I actually have a use for it! :D

Haven't even gotten my shipping notice this month, yet, though. :(

Unknown said...
January 17, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Your not missing anything Lori! I've been thinking about canceling. It's such a good deal but I have way too much stuff!

That's such a good idea Katrina. I'm looking forward to see what you get. It's weird calling you Katrina, you will always be sleepykat to me.

I have never gotten a shipping notice from them! It just shows up in my mailbox about 3 days after people start getting theirs.

Carly said...
January 17, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Hi Angela! Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting on my blog. I wanted to come visit yours. I keep hearing about Ipsy but have let to research it. I've only done birchbox and wasn't really getting anything I liked it. How does this subscription work??

Unknown said...
January 17, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Hi Carly- Its just like birchbox, same price too. You should try it for a month. Thanks for stopping by :)

Back to Home Back to Top Souly. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.