Every year, I make pumpkin bread. It is delicious, healthy and my own recipe.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cup dark brown sugar (I use 1/2 raw sugar and 1/2 brown sugar)
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. nutmeg
- 1/2 t. ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups pureed pumpkin
- 4 eggs
Combine dry ingredients. Combine applesauce, pumpkin and eggs seperately and add to dry. Stir just until combined. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- 1/2 - 1T. unsalted butter (optional)
- cinnamon & sugar mixture (optional)
Melt butter and brush over loaves. Sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar.